What Manner of Man   
Sign-In
Become a Member

About Values Parenting
(Parenting-by-Objective)


The Happy Family
 > Four Phase Course
 > Family Rules
 > Family Economy
 > Family Traditions
 > Secret Code
 
Parenting Programs
 > Joy School &
    Kindergarten Ready

 > Alexanders Amazing     Adventures (values)
 > Raising Teenagers
 > Empty Nest
 
Parenting Helps
> Value of the Month
> Family Night Lessons
> How to Talk to Your
  Kids About Sex

> Lifebalance
> ValuesParenting Blog
> Entitlement Trap

Linda & Richard Eyre
> Speaking Schedule
> Eyre's Free Books
> What Manner of Man
> Presentations
     & Philosophy

Contact Us
Other Helps
FAQ
Home


Joy School



Introduction

His Roles: Week 1

His Roles: Week 2

His Roles: Week 3

His Roles: Week 4

His Joy: Week 5

His Joy: Week 6

His Joy: Week 7

His Joy: Week 8

His Strength: Week 9

His Strength: Week 10

His Strength: Week 11

His Strength: Week 12

His Sensitivity: Week 13

His Sensitivity: Week 14

His Sensitivity: Week 15

His Sensitivity: Week 16

His Loyalty: Week 17

His Loyalty: Week 18

His Loyalty: Week 19

His Loyalty: Week 20

His Love: Week 21

His Love: Week 22

His Love: Week 23

His Love: Week 24

His Leadership: Week 25

His Leadership: Week 26

His Leadership: Week 27

His Leadership: Week 28

His Teachings: Week 29

His Teachings: Week 30

His Teachings: Week 31

His Teachings: Week 32

His Light: Week 33

His Light: Week 34

His Light: Week 35

His Light: Week 36

His Priorities: Week 37

His Priorities: Week 38

His Priorities: Week 39

His Priorities: Week 40

His Spirit: Week 41

His Spirit: Week 42

His Spirit: Week 43

His Spirit: Week 44

His Balance: Week 45

His Balance: Week 46

His Balance: Week 47

His Balance: Week 48

Next Year:

By Richard and Linda Eyre

WEEK 27: TOTAL EXAMPLE

Someone once defined leadership with perfect simplicity: “Leadership is being,” The related clichés are endless: “Practice what you preach”; “Ask no one to do something you would not do”; “What you are speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say”; “you can’t lead someone to a place you are not going.”

There has never been any other teacher who could, as the Savior did, summarize all he had taught in three words, “Come, follow me” (Matthew 4:19; Luke 18:22). All other leaders, at times, either directly or by implication, have had to say, “Do as I say, not as I do.”

Perhaps this thought prompted Napoleon, who is quoted as saying, “I know men, and I tell you that Jesus Christ is not a man…A resemblance does not exist. There is between Christianity and [all other] religions a distance of infinity. Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me and his will confounds me. Between him and [anyone] else in the world there is no possible term of comparison.”

It is infinitely easier to set a perfect example in negatively phrased physical teachings (what not to do physically – “don’t kill,” “don’t steal,” and so one) than to exemplify positively phrased mental teachings (what to do, in mind as well as in action – e.g., “love your fellow man”). In the second category, perfection is ruined by one moment’s unkind thought, or by one single failure to notice a need and fill it, or by one single failure to recognize a chance to do good and do it.

Jesus Christ lived a perfect life: a fact that is remarkable because he never committed sin, but much more remarkable because he never omitted good.

The one thing that makes the challenge “Be ye therefore perfect” credible is the simple fact that he who said it, did it.
© Copyright 2014, All rights reserved.