Welcome to the on-line, interactive Empty Nest Parenting
Program! If you're reading these words, you've probably
already realized that parenting and the stewardship and responsibility for children does not end when those children
leave home. (In fact, some would say, the challenges just get bigger and more expensive!)
Now if your idea of Empty Nest Parenting is to "finish" with the kids so you can go live in Sun City and spend the next thirty years playing golf, this may not be the program for you.
The underlying philosophy of this program is that even when your children are grown and gone, parent is still the most influential and important role in your life. And although there are plenty of light moments and humor in parental relationships with adult children, this stewardship that we call empty nest parenting is a pretty serious thing. Before you enroll in this on-line course, you should know that:
- This is not a program for people who are content to have "average" families.
- This is not a program for people who just want a few easy little ideas for staying in touch or setting up trust funds for grand kids.
- This is not a program for people who think that enduring families or great adult family relationships just happen by luck or by chance.
We're going to try to persuade you (or support you if you already believe) that families and family relationships need constant maintenance. This is a program about:
- Choosing who you want to be for the rest of your life - and centering that choice on family.
- Making family bonds grow stronger rather than weaker as years pass and generations grow up.
- Becoming true patriarchs and matriarchs and leading and supporting your family forever.
- Creating a mutually beneficial and increasingly interdependent relationship with your children as you share your lives, your knowledge, and your love.
Thanks for being on board!
Let's learn the skills (and joys)
of Empty Nest Parenting together.
Richard and Linda Eyre